Tuesday, September 12, 2023

09/12/2023 pokefusion drawings

Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last post. I'm going to try to make more of an effort to post here. 

My last discussion was about Ken Sugimori's art style, and how I wanted to improve from my last attempt at a Pokémon spin-off drawing. I dissected the style a bit and critiqued what I struggled with in my own interpretation of the style. 


pokefusion drawing on deviantart

Can you see what two Pokémon I used?

 ...

It's Pignite and Murkrow! 

Image from Pokemon Database at https://pokemondb.net/
Image from Pokemon Database at https://pokemondb.net/
I'm really proud of the way I tried to emulate the style a little stricter. I noticed the shading efforts were not complicated at all, so I decided to simplify the color palette to a simple tint and shade above and beneath the main hues. I noticed the painterly smears used to highlight some areas of shadow and light, so I tried to replicate that in my own work, but I feel as though my iconic poyoy-rigidness has shown through in this regard. I really am proud of the delicate linework. 


I'm pretty sad that the timelapse for this didn't save. I was really excited to rewatch the progress of this drawing.

What do you think of this drawing? I've been really having a lot of fun trying to make Pokémon fusions. If you follow me on Instagram, you may see me take requests to do that from time to time. I also occasionally pop up on some Toyhouse threads to participate in some of the fun forum art games to give art. Take a look at my thread if you're interested! You're always welcome to stop by and say hi, ask questions.

Since you made it to the end, here is a WIP doodle I made of my next fusion. Can you guess what it is? 

Hope everyone is having a good one. 
Thanks for reading! 

poyoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

eight eight, updeight!

 Hi everyone, poyoy here! I want to use this blog a lot more. I noticed that the last post was last year - crazy! I hope you're all doin...