This is my original character, Friend! He is part of the creative universe dubbed PHANTASIA. hope you like this reference, I really enjoyed working on this. He has two forms, his older form and younger self. He is commonly seen with robes of humble means, typically robed/hooded garments. His eyes are usually closed. The orange markings are at his eyelids and nose. Thank you for viewing!
friend reference on deviantart
MS Paint preliminary sketch
Drawn mostly in mouse, I wanted to just get the basic info down and then move to clip studio paint, where I took the original sketch and added a new layer on top, made a basic line art layer, then a flat layer of color under that, then merged it all together and began working on the painting/rendering on one layer. I wanted to explore a variety of expressions and outfits, as well as have his alternate/young form in the reference. I'm very pleased with this composition.
finished result.
some miscellaneous character design notes:
- his clothing is always humble, like peasant garments, robes, cloaks, rough textiles and layers
- his eyes are always portrayed as closed
- he has orange markings in his eyelid area and on his nose, nowhere else; these are not makeup
I plan on posting more information on these characters in the future on my website.

No comments:
Post a Comment